September 17, 2020
Thu, September 17, 2020
7:00 PM – 8:00 PM EDT
About this Event
The evening’s theme: MOVING FORWARD WITH WISDOM
We use this moment to pause and take a breath. Reflecting on the lessons we’ve learned, how will we choose to move forward with ongoing, meaningful action? What steps will bring our community toward a better future? How do you show up as your highest self?
Original music, songs, poetry, spoken word, and story-telling! All languages welcome! 4 minutes of material!
🎤 Performer Sign Up: https://tinyurl.com/y32wd87f (The form will open on Monday, August 31st at 10 am EDT)
FEATURED PERFORMERS: TBA
As a community of artists, we strive to share our work in a welcoming and inclusive space.
Please complete and read all community guidelines when registering for the event. Attendees will be sent a a reminder email the day before the event and then will be sent a password protected link on the day of the event at 6:00pm EDT (an hour before). If an attendee registers past 6:00pm EDT on Thursday, August 27th, you will receive an email with the ZOOM information at 6:55pm EDT (5 minutes before the Open Mic).
Virtual Community Guidelines
This is a space in which people use their artistry to cultivate spaces where our common humanity is affirmed. A lot of people attend and share at these events because they know that this will be a group of supportive people encouraging artistic expression across disciplines, experiences, and styles. In order to maintain this environment that supports our artists, we ask all participants and attendees agree to our community guidelines:
1. NO racist, sexist, xenophobic, homophobic, transphobic, or hateful speech, images or gestures of any kind will be tolerated.
2. We encourage attendees to react and be present with the artists that are presenting, however please be mindful of any ambient or disruptive noise that may disrupt the performance. Please silence the alerts on your PC or close Outlook altogether. Chimes, dings, chirps, beeps and toots may disrupt performances.
3. No recording or photography (screen capture) of any kind without explicit permission of artists prior to their performance. NYTW/Poetic will be recording this Open Mic Night. By registering to perform and/or attending this event, you are giving permission to be recorded.
4. We reserve the right to remove anyone from the virtual room who does not abide by these stated guidelines and may cause harm to other participants and attendees.
5. Be positive and encourage others to create a community, love, compassion, and acceptance.