December 22, 2021
About this event
Explore healing and empowerment with poetry writing and spoken word. A safe and supportive workshop where we learn how to creatively express our feelings and experiences.
Music accompaniment offered for inspiration. Therapeutic fun for all ages and abilities!
- Participants can join the virtual class via video or call-in number.
- Please note you will receive the web link to join the virtual session the day of class.
- Wednesdays: 5 to 6:30 p.m.
- Participants should have paper and pencil, or access to computer for writing exercises during the workshop.
- All are welcome for this energizing experience.
For more information and to request accommodation, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sally DeJesus is a writer, spoken word poet and mixed media artist. She facilitates programs in homeless shelters, NYC Crisis Respites, community centers and bookstores. Her workshops are supported by Poets & Writers, Inc., Community Access, and Citizens for NYC Community Grants. She is Literacy Resource Liaison at a Bronx homeless shelter. Her poems are published in River & South Review, Manhattan Linear, Metropolitan Review, A New Collection of Bowery Poetry, Mad Gleam Press, and What Rough Beast. She is founder of www.poetryspeaksforus.org
Poetry Speak for Us offers writing and spoken word as a vehicle for creative personal and social change in a highly supportive atmosphere that fosters wellness and self-confidence.