June 25, 2020
Date And Time
Thu, June 25, 2020
7:00 PM – 9:00 PM EDT
About this Event
Please join us for Dragonfly The Poetry Reading, as we celebrate the publishing of the 2020 Dragonfly Arts Magazine. This free event will feature local poets’ work, offering reflections on life, love, trauma, justice, renewal, and hope.
The evening provides a dynamic opportunity to experience the power of words and the vital role that the arts provide in promoting healing, awareness and change.
Who is eligible to read their work?
- Past contributing authors to the Dragonfly Arts Magazine are eligible to read their work at the poetry reading. To register to read, please email the following to email@example.com: your name, poem title and the year it was published in Dragonfly Arts Magazine.
- If time permits, the general public may have the opportunity to share their written word during the poetry open mic following the Dragonfly Poetry Reading. You may sign-up for the open mic by filling out the form attached to this event page.
All work must be related to the magazine’s themes of relationships, love, self-care, advocacy, trauma, social justice, hope or the process of self-renewal. Please be advised that some material may be unsettling or disturbing in nature.
How It Works
- After you register, you will receive a confirmation email containing the link to join the event on Zoom. We will also provide a phone number and password if you want to call-in instead.
- You are not required to create a Zoom account or install special software to attend. You can use any computer to join via the link, or call-in from any mobile or landline phone. (It’s recommended that you have a reliable internet connection or cell phone service!)
- At the time of the event, just click the link or call-in!
Our goal is to make virtual events as accessible as possible, however we are still learning how to use Zoom ourselves. The chat box feature will be available during this event. Unfortunately, at this time, we do not have the option for closed captioning during live events. If you have any specific questions, concerns, or suggestions about access please contact Japjyot Singh at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dragonfly Arts Magazine is made possible by the Howard County Arts Council through a grant from Howard County Government.