July 16, 2020
Thu, 16 July 2020
4:30 AM – 7:00 AM EDT
About this Event
2020 Australian Poetry Slam events will be held online via Zoom. We’re transforming the honesty and energy of our live performances into a virtual package and delivering it straight to your smartphone, tablet or computer.
Register in advance of the event to participate. Limited spots available!
From July to October, APS heats and workshops will connect storytellers across the nation, leading to eight State Finals and the National Final.
Are you the next Australian Poetry Slam Champion?
Poets have two minutes to perform their original work; no props, no costumes, no music. Judges are randomly chosen from the online audience. The two highest scoring poets will go on to represent Randwick in the APS Sydney Final.
In the interests of maintaining fairness, poets must perform in their local heat to be eligible. Please get in touch with your local heat organisers to confirm your eligibility.
Read the full 2020 APS rules here: www.australianpoetryslam.com/rules
Word Travels and the Australian Poetry Slam acknowledge that we work, live and tell stories on unceded Indigenous land. We pay respect to their elders past, present and emerging. Always was First Nations land. Always will be.
Registration and joining details:
Once you have registered, you will receive an automatic confirmation email containing further information for the online event. We will send you a link to join the online event 2 hours prior and another reminder 15 minutes prior to the event so please check your email inbox.
If you’re not familiar with Zoom we recommend you visit our website for answers to the most common questions about joining our live events and further details on how to join: https://www.randwick.nsw.gov.au/library/library-events/library-webinar-faqs
Terms and Conditions:
- This event is for all ages from 12 yrs + , bookings are essential and spaces are limited.
- You must live in the Eastern Suburbs to be eligible to compete in the APS competition. However, you do not need to live in the Eastern Suburbs to watch the event or get involved as a judge.
- You do not need to be a Library member to attend this event, however Library membership is free and you can join online.
- If you are unable to attend, please cancel your ticket as soon as possible. This will enable others to participate in the event.
- The ticket and link to join the meeting are not transferable.
- The ticket holder/attendee is not permitted to record or distribute the webinar video. All copyright is held by Randwick City Library and Word Travels.
- Your ticket can be cancelled by the organiser at any time without further notice.
- Please join the event 10 minutes early to allow time for any technical setup or solving potential issues you might experience.
- Your attendance at events supported by Randwick City Council may be digitally recorded through audio and/or video recordings. These recordings may be used later on council’s websites, social media, or other external websites. By joining a session, you automatically consent to such recordings. If you do not consent to the recording, please contact us to discuss your concerns in good time prior to the web-event date.